Gordon Brown is not the only one to include Africa on his agenda by appointing Mark Malloch Brown as a new minister for Africa, Asia and the UN.
It is a hot topic which will be debated at the Conservative Women’s Organisation’s conference in November. The Environment and Women as Peacemakers are also very topical issues which will be discussed.
The sparkling speakers include:
- Charlie Ponticelli, Senior Advisor from US Dept. of State, Washington
- Zainab al Salbi – Women for Women International (pictured)
- Peter Constable Maxwell – UN Representative in South Sudan
- Tom Burke – Rio Tinto Zinc
- The Baroness Chalker of Wallasey, Chairman of Africa Matters Ltd
- Sir Christopher Meyer , former Ambassador to the US (will he wear his famous red socks?)
- Zac Goldsmith from The Ecologist
- Lord Melchett, of The Soil Association
….as well as David Cameron and a host of top Tory Shadow Ministers.
I’m hoping I can do some citizen journalism reports from there for 18 Doughty Street with a camera they have loaned me. They have been very patient. I am still working out the technicalities of how to use it.
This conference was a sell out last year, so I suggest you don’t leave it too late to book up. It’s fantastic value at £30 for the day. It is open to non-Tory members too and men are also welcome.