Adopt a Better Way – our new adoption campaignPosted by Ellee on Oct 15, 2012 in Blog, PR client | 1 comment
She has rebranded her former campaign group, Adoption with Humanity, which it is now known as Adopt a Better Way to avoid confusing those who thought it was an adoption service.
These harrowing figures explain the reasons why:
Approximately half of one per cent (0.5%) of all children in the UK under sixteen is looked after by local authorities.
Compared with the general population, children in care are:
- 10 times more likely to be excluded from school
- 10 times more likely to attend a special school
- 4 times less likely to go on to further education
- 12 times more likely to leave school with no qualifications
- 4 times more likely to be unemployed between the ages of 16 and 24
- 4 times more likely to be pregnant as adolescents
- 60 times more likely to join the ranks of the young homeless
- 50 times more likely to be sent to prison
- 88 times more likely to suffer from mental health problems